Welcome to the “essilorseechange.com” website (hereinafter the “Site”). By choosing to access the “essilorseechange.com” Site you agree to accept the terms and conditions of this Legal Notice governing use of the Site. The purpose of this Site is to provide information on the inclusive business and nonprofit initiatives that ESSILOR group and its external partners are deploying to bring good vision to the 2.5 billion uncorrected people in the world.
The publisher of this Site is:
ESSILOR INTERNATIONAL a French “Société par Actions Simplifiée” with a share capital of EUR 277,845,100.00 (as of 1st November 2017)
Registered office: 147, rue de Paris, 94220 Charenton-le-Pont, FRANCE
Trade and Companies Register of Créteil (France): B 439 769 654
Intra Communauty VAT: FR 43 439 769 654
E-mail : info @ essilor.com
Tel: + 33 (0)1 49 77 42 24
Publishing director: Hubert Sagnières, in his quality of Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
This Site is hosted by Siteground in Singapore.
Entry into effect – Term
ESSILOR, the publisher of this Site, seeks to ensure that the information made available herein is both accurate and up to date when it is placed on line.
– provides no warranty as to the accurate, precise or exhaustive nature of that information,
– reserves the right to modify and correct at any time and without notice, the content of the documents published on the Site. Consequently, ESSILOR can accept no liability for:
– any imprecision, inaccuracy or omission affecting the information made available on this Site,
– any prejudice caused by the illicit intrusion of any third party, including when it could lead to modification of such information,
– or, more generally, for any prejudice, direct or consequential, and irrespective of the cause, origin, nature and consequences thereof, caused by the access, or inability to access, this Site by any person, by the use of the Site and/or by any belief in the accuracy of information originating directly or indirectly on the Site.
Protection of intellectual property rights
This Site is an intellectual work protected by intellectual property laws. Unless stated otherwise, the intellectual property rights attaching to the documents contained in the Site and each of the elements created for it are the sole and exclusive property of ESSILOR, which grants no license or right other than that enabling access to the Site.
This Site complies with copyright law. All rights of authors of protected works reproduced and conveyed on this Site are reserved. Any unauthorized use of the works other than individual, private consultation and reproduction is prohibited.
The reproduction of any and all documents published on this Site is authorized solely for informational purposes in the context of personal and private use; any reproduction and use of copies made for any other purpose is expressly prohibited.
The brands, patents, logos, models, pictures, movies, graphic designs, data basis and other assets covered by intellectual property rights and mentioned on the present Site are either the property of ESSILOR or permission has been granted for their use. No right or license can be granted for any of the aforementioned elements without the written agreement of ESSILOR or the third parties holding the relevant rights.
Links to other websites
Links to other websites which may be included in the present Site are included for informational purposes only.
ESSILOR accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any link to such websites: it is not liable for the products, advertising or any article or service or in general any content included in the web pages of the sites to which the aforementioned links point.
No warranty is provided for the data security of the web pages to which certain of the links included here may point. It is important that you take all necessary precautions in this context, and ESSILOR can accept no liability for any direct or consequential prejudice suffered as a result of accessing other websites, irrespective of the cause, origin, nature or consequences thereof.
Please remember that those sites are subject to their conditions for use.
Personal data – Privacy Notice
Last modified: June 2018
We collect certain personal data and safeguard the privacy and the security of the information you provide to us on this Site.
Under this Privacy Notice, we, ESSILOR, inform you what personal data of yours we collect when you visit our Site or use our services, why we collect it, and what we do with it. Your personal data means any information relating to you, in particular your name and contact details such as your home address, your telephone number or your email address.
Please take the time to read this Privacy Notice carefully, it is very important that you fully understand how we are processing your personal data and how we are protecting your privacy. If you have any question regarding our use of your personal data, you can of course contact us as set out below:
Our contact details are: Essilor International, 147 rue de Paris – 94220 Charenton-Le-Pont- France.
Our Data Protection Officer is: Data Protection Department, firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal data we collect
Data we collect when you visit our Site
When you access to our Site, we automatically collect and store some of your data in our server logs and in cookies, which are small files we sent to your computer when you visit our Site.
This data does not allow us to directly identify you; however, it records data related to your browsing on our Site, such as the pages that you accessed, the date and time you accessed to these pages, your search queries, information on your device (hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifier, Internet protocol address, hardware settings, browser type, browser language), the date and time of your request and referral URL.
The provision of your personal data is not required if you only want to visit our Site. This means that you may refuse to accept cookies by configuring your web browser accordingly (for more information, refer to the ‘help’ section of your web browser). However, refusing cookies is likely to disrupt your navigation on our Site, in particular by preventing you to access to certain parts of it.
Data we collect when you sign up
Some of the services offered on our Site require you to sign up. If you want to use these services, we will ask you to provide us with personal data, and we thank you to provide us with complete and accurate data, and also to inform us if your data needs to be updated. If you do not provide us with complete and accurate data, or if you do not inform us that your data needs to be updated, we may not be able to provide you with the services you requested.
We collect the following categories of your personal data:
- Identification data: name and e-mail address.
- Optional information: telephone number, country, profession.
How we use personal data we collect
We only use your personal data within the limits authorized by the laws and regulations. Sometimes, we shall use your personal data because the laws and regulations require us to do so. In any case, we do not make any automated decisions solely on automatic processing which may produce legal effects concerning you, or similarly significantly affect you.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- We use your identification data to answer your queries, for administrative and information purpose or to inform you on the Essilor group, its partners and its brands, save for any commercial solicitation. Your personal data may also be processed on a statistical purpose.
How long we keep personal data we collect
The period for which we store your personal data is shown in the table below: This data will be stored for a period no longer than is necessary to answer your query, and anyway for a period no longer than one year.
- Category of data: Identification data
- Retention period: 1 year
Personal data we share
We inform you that we may share your personal data with other companies of Essilor Group. Some of the recipients of the data are located in countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area.
- Category of data: Identification data and optional data
- Category of recipients: Essilor Amera
- Location: Singapore
For recipient located in Singapore, the European Commission has decided that this country ensures an adequate level of protection by reason of its domestic law or of the international commitments it has entered to.
How we protect personal data
We have measures in place to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, including without limitation:
- We implement and maintain sophisticated technical measures to ensure that your personal data is recorded and processed in complete confidentiality and security.
- We implement and maintain appropriate restrictions on access to your personal data, and monitoring of the access, use, and transfer of personal data.
- All of our employees who have access to your personal data are required to enter into non-disclosure or similar agreements, which imposes obligations on them to comply with our data privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- We require any business partners and third party service providers with whom we may share your personal data to comply with any applicable data privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- We provide data privacy training on a regular basis to our employees and third parties who have access to personal data.
What rights you have
Under applicable data protection laws and regulations, you have right:
- Of access to, rectification of, and/or erasure of your personal data;
- To restrict or object to its processing;
- To tell us that you do not wish to receive marketing information;
- In some circumstances, to require certain of your personal data to be transferred to you or a third party;
- To the extent our processing of your personal data is based upon your consent, to withdraw your consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
We are committed to enable you exercising your rights: to do so, you can contact us at the details set out at the beginning of this Privacy Notice. Please provide us with the following information, so that we can take your request with all due consideration:
- Your name and surname, and a photocopy of your identity card;
- Your specific petition (in other words, what rights you want to exercise); and
- The date of the application and your signature (if you sent your application by postal mail).
If you do not get satisfaction by contacting us, you can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your Personal Data with a data protection authority.
Changes to this privacy notice
We regularly review our compliance with our Privacy Notice, in particular to make it compliant with new laws and regulations regarding data protection. But, even if this Privacy Notice may change from time to time, we will not reduce your rights under this Privacy Notice without your explicit consent.
Compliance with regulations
The present general usage conditions are governed by French law. This is so for substantive and formal rules. Any dispute arising from the application of the present general usage conditions shall come within the competence of the French courts.
This Site has been created by ESSILOR, whose registered offices are in France.
Internet users accessing the Site from locations other than in France must ensure that they are complying with locally applicable laws.